My name is Paul Cartwright
I’m a passionate software developer and have been developing professionally with Microsoft technologies for the last 16 years.
In the earlier part of that period I was more focussed on large scale financial applications, dealing with transaction processing and integrity and nitty-gritty financial analysis. This period saw me architecting and guiding development of large scale back end systems for loan processing, deposit accounts, superannuation, ATM/EftPos gateways and internet banking type connectivity.
However in the last 1-2 years I’ve moved more into front-end development and become more of a generalist. The technology stack I use now and am a big fan of consists of these:
- Single Page Apps using AngularJs
- ASP.NET MVC but more leaning to Web API
- Entity Framework.
- SQL Server
- IIS, Windows Server 2012
- Windows Azure for everything (Virtual machines, website, endpoint monitoring, SQL Azure, QA environments, stress test environments, setup and tear down!)
- TFS in the cloud for code control and automated build and deployment.
- WCF services (where they make sense).
I have completed the following Microsoft Certification Exams:
- 513 WCF with .NET 4
- 528 Web based Client Development
- 536 .NET Framework
Contact me on Twitter